Tired of being a Negative Thinker? Start here:
12 STEP PROGRAM FOR NEGATIVE THINKERS
1. I admit I have power over Negative Thoughts and that being a Negative Thinker makes me feel awful.
2. I believe that a Power Greater Than Myself can help me be more positive. I want to believe this because I really need help here.
3. I make a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of this Power Greater Than Myself. Hey, nothing else has worked. Got any other ideas to stop negative thinking?
4. I agree to take full responsibility for my negative thoughts. Even though they seem to have a life of their own.
5. I admit to the world, my friends, and the Power Greater Than Myself that staying a Negative Thinker serves no useful purpose, and has been the cause of much emotional pain. Well, duh.
6. I am NOW ready to accept more positive thoughts into my life. I’m sick of living as a negative thinker and worrying about the worst that might happen.
7. I humbly ask that my friends and colleagues gently let me know when they hear me complain and spew negative words. If this doesn’t work look me directly in my eyes and yell STOP!
8. I make a list of all the relatives, companies, politicians, and others whom I have blamed for all the bad things in my life. I’m sorry I blamed you for everything. I’m now ready to take responsibility for my life.
9. I choose to be aware of my Negative Thinking and find ways to change. I now know that my Negative Thinking is like a powerful magnet that attracts negative stuff in my life.
10. I choose to be aware of the negative words that come out of my mouth as a result of my negative thinking, and shift them to positive when possible.
11. I agree to check myself every hour or so to make sure that Negative Thoughts are not repeating incessantly. Um…I might need help with this one.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as to the power of my thoughts, I carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all areas of my life.
Read POWERFUL THINKING ON PURPOSE and learn how to learn easily STOP negative thinking and feel better.
Wendy Merron is the author of Powerful Thinking on Purpose, a motivational speaker, Certified Hypnotherapist and Coach.