Tired of being a Negative Thinker? Start here:
12 STEP PROGRAM FOR NEGATIVE THINKERS
1. I admit I have power over Negative Thoughts and that being a Negative Thinker makes me feel awful.
2. I believe that a Power Greater Than Myself can help me be more positive. I want to believe this because I really need help here.
3. I make a decision to ask for help from this Power Greater Than Myself. Hey, nothing else has worked. Got any other ideas?
4. I agree to take full responsibility for my negative thoughts. Even though they seem to have a life of their own.
5. I admit to the world, my friends, and the Power Greater Than Myself that staying a Negative Thinker serves no useful purpose, and has been the cause of much emotional pain. Well, duh.
6. I am NOW ready to accept more positive thoughts into my life. I’m sick of complaining, negative thinking, and worrying the worst will happen.
7. I humbly ask that my friends and colleagues gently let me know when they hear me complain and spew negative words. If this doesn’t work look me directly in my eyes and yell – STOP!
8. I make a list of all the relatives, companies, politicians, and others whom I have blamed for all the bad things in my life. I’m sorry I blamed you for everything. I’m now ready to take responsibility for my life.
9. I choose to be aware of my Negative Thinking and find ways to change. I now know that my Negative Thoughts are like powerful magnets that attract negative stuff in my life.
10. I choose to be aware of the negative words that come out of my mouth as a result of my negative thinking, and shift them to positive when possible.
11. I agree to check myself every hour or so to make sure that Negative Thoughts aren’t taking over. Um…I might need help with this one.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as to the power of my thoughts, I carry this message to others and to practice these principles in all areas of my life.
Now you know why I wrote Powerful Thinking on Purpose.