A week after college graduation, I gazed at my semi-furnished apartment. In the two days I had slept on the scratchy olive sofa, I had grown to love this place. The chrome and red formica table in the kitchen glistened in the morning sun. My first real apartment!
Even though I was excited, my stomach was knotted and tense.
My rent was due in 3 1/2 weeks and I had no idea how to pay for it. I had moved from Ohio the week before, to live near my family. I had left Wilmington with enough funds for food and to rent an apartment in the Germantown section of Philadelphia. I felt lost and alone.
Within a week, I landed a job that paid $6,500 a year (not bad for my first job in 1977!) and quickly found a roommate.
I desperately wanted to live by myself and needed to make more money. My dad was a successful broker at Merrill Lynch and he encouraged me to look into this as a new career. I had no interest in becoming a stock broker, but, having no direction, it was as good as any job.
In less than a year, I knew I was in the wrong place. The stock market was interesting, but I hated cold calling. It didn’t help that I worried about losing my client’s money.
I desperately wanted to find a job I enjoyed, but I wasn’t qualified for the ones I found interesting. Fears and worries about lack of money dominated my thoughts. Rather than risk making less money, I remained in the finance field for over fifteen years.
I knew that if I didn’t stop worrying and change my thoughts, I would never achieve my goals.
By 2001 I had two children and was in the midst of a miserable divorce. All I wanted was to make a good life for me and my children, live in my own home, enjoy a new career, and find my soul mate.
My fascination with hypnosis led me to search for easy ways to feel better. If something worked – even just a bit – I embraced it and kept on moving forward.
As I write this I’m happy to tell you that I married my should mate and my life is better than I ever imagined. I love my life and feel blessed every day.
Am I super lucky? Not really. I simply learned how to use these tools and my life improved.
You don’t have to spend years trying to figure out ways to get over stress and worry.
You don’t have to spend months, or even years, figuring out how to change your thoughts to feel better.
Sign up for my newsletter now. It’s up there on the right. Every week you’ll get tools, strategies, and techniques, so that you can be in control of your thoughts and change your life.
You’ve got nothing to lose, except for being stuck with negative thinking.
When you are more positive, amazing things will happen.
Quick facts about Wendy Merron, BCH, CI.
- Author, Powerful Thinking on Purpose
- Corporate Workshops: Powerful Thinking on Purpose for Sales, Powerful Thinking on Purpose to Reduce Stress.
- Board Certified Hypnotist, National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH)
- Certified NGH Hypnosis Certification Trainer
- Co-founder of The Center of Success in Wayne, Pennsylvania
- Co-Creater, Speak Up Without Fear MP3 Program
- Founder of one of the largest NGH Chapters, the Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Featured in: Better Homes & Gardens, Main Line Today, Wayne Suburban, Philadelphia Inquirer, Main Line Times
- Faculty, National Guild of Hypnotists Conference
- EFT Tapping (Emotional Freedom Certification) Certified
- Presentations: Bryn Mawr Hospital, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Salus University
- Certified Pediatric Hypnotist
- Certified NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
WIIFY? (What’s in it for you?)
If you want to improve your life, feel more fulfilled, and achieve your dreams, then something has to change. You can wait for “luck” to land on your door step, or you can create your own “luck”. My goal is to help you get to where you want to be through individual sessions at The Center of Success, videos, workshops, and, my program, Powerful Thinking.
One of the big secrets about positive thinkers is that they are always more lucky and have way more opportunities than those people who are stuck with worry and stress.
Sign up to learn quick tips to:
- Be more aware of your thoughts
- Learn to STOP negative thinking
- Secrets to creating opportunities
- Discover how to increase your confidence
- Live a happy life
- Attract your perfect partner and more!
As a Certified Hypnotherapist and Coach, I’ve helped thousands of people STOP worry and stress, I want to share these life-changing tools with you, so you don’t have to spend years searching like I did.
I suggest you start with my book, Powerful Thinking on Purpose, to discover how to access your confidence to move forward and pursue your dreams.
I help clients on SKYPE and in our office of The Center of Success in Wayne, PA where we also create outstanding personal development products.