During a normal day, if you have a thought every 3 seconds you’ve had 19,200 thoughts.
It’s estimated that only about 5% of your thoughts are new ones.
This means that 95% of your thoughts are old negative thoughts and worries.
These are thoughts that have been repeating over and over and over. For hours, days, weeks, even years. Read about the Monkey in Your Mind.
Take a moment and think about your recurring thoughts.
Are they worries? Anxieties? Fears?
Being positive is a numbers game.
The rules are up to you.
You can choose to let your thoughts run amok.
You can choose to let your thoughts happen without taking control.
How do you think you’ll feel when you take control of your thoughts and intentionally create new ones that feel better?
ONE MINUTE THOUGHT CHANGE
1. Think about a recurring negative thought.
2. Write it down.
3. Look at it.
4. Ask yourself: “Is this something that I DON’T WANT?”
5. Write down the following words: I WANT….
6. Complete your sentence and make sure that you AVOID the word DON’T.
7. Read your new sentence.
8. If it feels better, then replace your old thought with this one.
9. Say it in your mind 10 times.
10. Repeat as necessary until your new thought has replaced your old one.
At The Center of Success, you learn to incorporate powerful Thought Changing Tools to improve your life and achieve your goals without struggling.