Mac’s big sister posted this list of her brother’s Life Lessons on the internet. Only 12 years old and he’s pretty much figured things out. Some people just seem to get it at an early age, don’t they?
Much thanks to Macy Williams for listening to her little brother and sharing.
- Don’t lie about doing your homework; just do it.
- Never eat too much candy. It feels good while you’re eating it, but it feels bad later.
- If you are always there for your family, they will always be there for you.
- Be proud to wear your glasses if you have them. It might just be the reason someone remembers your face.
- Be a hard worker, but don’t overwork yourself. I learned that from Dad.
- When arguing with your parents, give up. You will never win.
- Send compliments to girls in texts; it makes them feel good . . . I think.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself.
- When you get money, don’t buy the first thing you see. Look around.
- Don’t let a video game ruin a friendship.
- Laughter is a good way to make someone feel better.
- Don’t let your friends take advantage of you, and don’t take advantage of your friends.
- Girls don’t need to wear all that makeup; they look pretty good the way they are.
- Patience is a virtue. I heard that in a Thomas the Train episode.
- Comfort comes before style. I hate pants.
- When you’re at school, never take an Altoid from someone you don’t know. It’s probably not a mint.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, 67 percent of the time.
- Be a leader, not a follower.
- Always be a team player, but don’t be afraid to fend for yourself.
- Do your fair share of pet care in your family (if you have one).
- You don’t have to use social media to have friends. I have plenty of friends and I have never touched Instagram.
- Be a lover, not a fighter.
Number 14 made me laugh out loud!
What’s your favorite? Share it below!